This easy, cheesy cauliflower tots recipe needs just 4 ingredients! Low carb and keto cauliflower tater tots with sugar-free ketchup make the perfect healthy comfort food.
- 1 1/2 lb Cauliflower (riced, measured after ricing, about 1 head)
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil (or any oil; divided)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced, optional)
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt
- Stir fry cauliflower rice in 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in a large saute pan or wok over medium-high heat, until soft and lightly browned, with no moisture left in the pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg in a large bowl. Mix in the mozzarella, garlic, and sea salt.
- When the cauliflower rice is done, stir it into the bowl right away while it’s hot. It will melt the cheese in the bowl and make the mixture sticky.
- Use a small cookie scoop to pick up balls of the “dough”. Form small tater tot sized patties and flatten slightly. (Make sure they are not too thick so that they’ll cook through.)
- Wipe the pan lightly with a paper towel to get rid of any cauliflower rice pieces.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) avocado oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the tater tots in a single layer, trying not to have them touch, and fry for about 2 minutes, until golden on the bottom. Flip and repeat until golden on the other side. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Repeat with all tater tots. (You may need to add more oil between batches.)
To read the full recipe click here