Start off your summer right by meal prepping with these fresh & filling grilled chicken bowls. The recipe makes four, which is perfect for two lunches and two dinners for you and your roommate or partner.
For The Chicken And Peppers:
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground chili, (adjust to your desired spice preference)
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin and salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro, (optional)
- 4 large chicken thighs, skinless and boneless (1 pound or 500 grams)
- 2 large bell peppers (or capsicums), cut into strips (I use green, red and yellow)
For The Rice:
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice, (or Jasmine)
- 1 cup chicken stock (or broth)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice, (juice of 1 lime)
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro, (or parsley) — adjust to your taste
For Burrito Bowl:
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce leaves (or Cos) washed and strained dry
- 7 ounces (200 g) can black beans, washed and drained
- 7 ounces (200 g) corn
- 1/2 a red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro, (or parsley) — adjust to your taste
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- In a large shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili and cilantro; mix together. Add the chicken thighs and If time allows, let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or pan (12-inch | 30cm) on medium-high heat until smoking. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, charred and cooked right through (about 8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your fillets). Flip them a couple of times while cooking so they get a nice even char.Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest.
- Add the peppers to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until soft and slightly charred. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the chicken is marinading or cooking, cook rice: Combine together the rice, chicken stock (or broth), and garlic in a pot over high heat. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover with a lid until the rice is cooked through.
- Fluff up rice with a fork and mix through lime juice and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together to combine.
- Combine lettuce, beans, corn, onion and peppers into 4 bowls. Slice chicken into strips and arrange into bowls. Top each with avocado slices and drizzle with dressing.
To read the full recipe visit this website