These simple Keto Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a tasty, one pan meal that is a restaurant-classic reimagined. Ready in no-time, these paleo and Whole30 lettuce cups pack a flavor punch.
- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots, option, I just like the color
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice (optional, I just like the color)
- 3 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground dark meat chicken (ground dark meat turkey or ground pork are also great)
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (gluten-free tamari or soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 8 ounce can water chestnuts , drained, roughly diced (optional)
- lettuce cups, jicama tortillas, cauliflower rice, sautéed cabbage
- red pepper flake
- sesame seed
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (gluten-free tamari or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (for keto just add a few drops of stevia or monkfruit or leave out)
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- pinch of chili flakes/red pepper flakes
- Heat the ghee over a medium heat, add onion, mushroom, carrots and bell pepper. Season with sea salt and saute until 3 to 5 minute until the onions are soft. Add in the ginger and garlic, stir until fragrant. Add the ground chicken, season with salt.
- Break up the ground chicken with a wooden spoon and turn heat to medium-high heat. Cook until no longer pink 5 to 8 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking whisk together the coconut aminos, rice vinegar, coconut sugar (or honey) and fish sauce. Taste and adjust as needed. Set aside.
- Make the dipping sauce as well, by whisking together all the ingredients and set aside.
- Add the cooking sauce to the pan with the cooked chicken. Cook just long enough to slightly reduce.
- Right at the end, add the water chestnuts, if using.
- Remove from the heat and serve in lettuce cups or thinly sliced jicama or jicama tortillas. Top with scallions, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds. Add sriracha for little heat.
- Serve alongside the dipping sauce.
- You can also serve this mixture over cauliflower rice or sautéed cabbage